Mature Driver Course Insurance Discount Course
Mature Driver Insurance Discount Course Also Known as The 6-Hour Mature Driver Course
A 6-hour accident prevention course can save you big money on your auto insurance! Florida drivers age 55 and older can save money on their auto insurance simply by completing a 6-hour accident prevention course. Insurers are mandated Section 627.0652 to reduce rates for three years, but the amount of the discount varies with each insurance provider; check with your agent for the details. With our low prices, the course is sure to pay for itself many times over!
Here’s How The Mature Driver Course Works
Upon registration, you may start this online class immediately. Simply read the easy-to-follow the easy instructional content. It‘s filled with colorful pictures, charts, and graphs that thoroughly explain the material, and the traffic-related humor will have you laughing while you learn to be a better and safer driver! Finish the course at your own pace by signing in and out as you need to (at the end of each brief chapter), and complete the short review quizzes and final exam right on your computer. It couldn’t be any easier!
After you pass the course, we’ll mail to you two copies of your Certificate of Completion: One is for your records, and the other to be presented to your insurer to claim your discount! You can start and stop the course at any time and take it at your leisure, it’s easy to navigate and a cinch to complete — even for those who don’t have a lot of experience with the Internet. And once your premium discount is applied, it automatically continues to pay for itself for three years!
How Much Is The Mature Driver 6-Hour Course?
One point we would like to make very clear: Many online traffic school courses claim to be the lowest but, once you hand over your charge card information and continue with your registration or, in most cases – complete the course and start the payment process to attain your certificate – you’ll soon discover you will have to pay extra fees. Some of these fees – to name a few – are disguised as: processing fees, or, handling fees, or service fees which in turn, jacks-up the price of the Mature Driver Course also referred to as the 6-hour Mature Driver course considerably. Our 6-hour Mature Driver Course is only $14.95 complete, and there are no hidden fees!
Confused and Still Have Questions About the Mature Driver 6-Hour Course?
Don’t feel bad, most people are confused about the process and that’s why we’re here. After 35+ years doing traffic school and drivers education Avanti Driving School has the answers and the experience. Call us at: (561) 338-6400!
FS Section 627.0652
627.0652 Insurance discounts for certain persons completing safety course.—
(1) Any rates, rating schedules, or rating manuals for the liability, personal injury protection, and collision coverages of a motor vehicle insurance policy filed with the office shall provide for an appropriate reduction in premium charges as to such coverages when the principal operator on the covered vehicle is an insured 55 years of age or older who has successfully completed a motor vehicle accident prevention course approved by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles. Any discount used by an insurer is presumed to be appropriate unless credible data demonstrates otherwise.
(2) The premium reduction required by this section shall be effective for an insured for a 3-year period after successful completion of the approved course, except that the insurer may require, as a condition of maintaining the discount, that the insured:
(a) Not be involved in an accident for which the insured is at fault; and
(b) Not be convicted of or plead guilty or nolo contendere to a moving traffic violation.
(3) The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall approve motor vehicle accident prevention courses for the purposes of this section. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall consider the competency of the personnel offering the course, the quality of the content and activities of the course with respect to its capability to prevent accidents by persons age 55 or older who complete the course, and the reasonableness of the fee for the course. The Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall establish the minimum number of hours necessary for completion of a course. A course approved by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles shall require each person completing the course to pass a written test given by the course evaluating the person’s knowledge of the content of the course.
(4) The organization offering the course shall, upon a person’s successful completion of the course, issue the person a certificate that the person may use to qualify for the premium discount required by this section.
(5) This section does not apply if the approved course is taken as punishment specified by a court or other governmental entity resulting from a moving traffic violation.
History.—s. 1, ch. 85-244; s. 1, ch. 86-286; s. 1, ch. 88-250; ss. 22, 114, ch. 92-318; s. 1071, ch. 2003-261.